The Southland Wind Ensemble was created in order to provide musicians and the audience a high caliber of musicianship.
The purpose of the Southland Wind Ensemble is to:
1. Provide a high caliber of musicianship for the musicians through the performance of a wide range of wind music.
2. Involve a range of musicians, including high school, college, and freelance musicians, that want to explore the development of wind literature.
3. Focus on the performance and study of:
A. Cornerstone pieces of wind literature
B. Transcriptions of orchestral works
C. Contemporary literature and works from living composers.
4. Provide an opening to work with the Southland Symphony Orchestra in performances of large works, as requested.
5. Establish a community presence through performances venues in Ontario and surrounding areas, and materialize relationships with local schools to strengthen music education